Translate

Sunday 28 December 2014

Saala Mein to Sahb Bann Gaya (Part-I)

Okay...
So, first I have my Advisory and Consultancy class. And then later in the day, I just have one Corporate Risk Management class. Then I have an hour’s gap between the two, in which I would have my lunch and grab my today’s issue of ET.
With all these thoughts occupying my mind,I headed towards the first floor.

As everyone I know was preparing for the last trimester of MBA, I was preparing for something totally different which included my plans for the day. I kept thinking that what the hell will I do today and in what order. While climbing up the stairs, my eyes met a pair of eyes looking towards me with a big smile. Those eyes reminded me of a day; not long back that too at this same spot.
And my mind suddenly travelled back in time to recall the event when I last noticed her eyes all glittery with excitement.

***                                                    ***                                                      ***
What!!!
She got placed!! That’s a great news man.
So, here it begins; my fellow summer intern got a job in an awesome organization. It seems just like a couple of days back when we used to walk back to the metro station together and I used to pull her leg like anything. And here she is today, standing in front of me with her big twinkling eyes and the biggest smile I had ever seen on her face. A very bright future filled with a lot of new opportunities is now waiting for her.


The more I look towards her, the more nostalgic I get. Remembering that blue wall with a bright name of my company on it,those white marbles that guided me from the main gate to my desk and that brown desk/work station (the name I like more) waiting for me with a label of ‘Zu-Zu’ on it. All those memories are still so fresh in my mind that it feels like I will be going back  to the office in a day or two.



Aaahh..
I just want to go back in time and stay there. But the very next moment my mind gets filled with the thoughts of growing, learning more, exploring new things and getting out of my cocoon. After seeing her, I just wanted to submerge with this feeling of nostalgia once more.

***                                                    ***                                                      ***
"So, where exactly is the NSIC building?"
I was drenched in sweat and still was literally running in excitement because it was the first day of my  summer internship. I finally got into one of the leading Financial Institutions of US to explore more domains of finance. Being from a science background, it was very important for me to get into finance company because I had just discovered my inclination towards the subject. On the way to my office,I  saw this man walking towards the shade probably to save himself from the heat when the mercury was boiling at 45’C. I ran towards him and asked about my desired address. He directed me towards the building and even offered me his bottle of water. I plugged in my earphones and started walking towards my destination.
While walking towards my office, various thoughts occupied my mind.

" Am I aptly dressed?"
"How will I introduce myself?"
"Will I be able to perform and give my best?"
I shooed away these thoughts and started focussing on the time which was running out of my hands. Finally I saw the logo of my company which was enough to fill my mind again with various apprehensions. Without even realising it, my speed automatically increased. I was nervous but excited, tired but energetic. 
I asked the security guard to further guide me to the main building and on being asked I told him that I am a summer intern. He asked me to wait and I sat in the lobby. That was the first time I saw the same pair of eyes I was talking about.
“Hi. I am Ritika. We’re from the same institute. Do you know me?”
I saw her face and tried to search in my mental directory. Although I did not recognise her in the first place but by not letting her know this, I warmly greeted her.
“Of course I know you. Hi, I am Rupish.”
We were in the middle of a random conversation when the guard called out her name and handed over a phone to her. She came back to me and said that she has been asked to come in and I have been called on the line. I had a brief conversation with a lady who turned out to be my mentor’s boss. She asked me to join Ritika and start the work. I entered the office and started searching for Ritika. I saw her in the third last row sitting next to some guy (who turned out to be one of my mentors). I walked towards them and introduced myself to him.
“Hello Sir. Good afternoon. I am Rupish Saldi. I am also an intern and have been asked to join Ritika for further proceedings.”
“Hi. I am Naval. I am not your line manager but I work along with him. He is not in town and is stuck with some client. Until he is back, I will be there to guide and help you out.”

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment