Translate

Friday 3 August 2012

Mental Virginity- Need of the Hour

 Yesterday, I was going back to my home after an exhausting and overloaded day. Connaught Place is the hub of Delhi and the metro trains are packed at the peak hours from its station. Somehow, after struggling with my muscle cramps and sweat showers, I managed to get inside the metro. I was standing in the 2nd compartment i.e next to the compartment reserved for ladies. After I gulped in some water and tried to wipe sweat using my handkerchief which was already drenched in sweat, I looked around and saw many faces with different expressions.

Sometimes, it becomes so interesting to look at the numerous faces around and to try to judge that what has happened with whom. Its the best option to pass the free time when the body and mind have already opted for retirement. Suddenly, I saw a face and my eyes were unable to move and mimic anyone further.
Brown eyes, long eye lashes, maybelline adding more beauty to this limitless beauty and the shimmering smile. My eyes just glued to this pretty face. I controlled my senseless thought process and noticed that she was feeling very uncomfortable. I saw around and understood the reason, over attention.

Many males were staring at her and this was making her feel quiet out of the place. On one side, I just saw the beauty and cuteness of her face,  on the other side people went beyond that limit.
A sudden current of anger and disgust passed through me. It was the moment where I was unable to think that how can I help her out. Before I could think of any possible solution, she thought of one- shift to ladies coach.
Maybe the crowd returned to being pointless after this but my mind and body were in no situation to be like them, at least not after this.
Is this,what we call "our well socialized society"?
Is this the correct way to treat another human of opposite sex?


10 comments:

  1. I agree with this so far can not wait for second part. My wife has had two instestneces where she was verbally assaulted by a couple of guys her at the appartments where we live and I stood up for her and I got introuble for telling them off. I was defending my wife's honor and I got in trouble. What is wrong with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will publish the 2nd part asap sir.
      Accept a salute from my side. You actually showed your true love and added another dimension to love. I appreciate your guts and courage to stand with your wife.
      You didnt do anything wrong. It is the society which is moving in wrong direction. Here, the enigma is that on one side we pray to goddess and on the other side we trouble women.

      Delete
  2. as its cumming from u i am comfrtable to genralize my views on these kind of things .... its not that only preety girls r uncomfrtabl in public places i think every other girl has this sence of discomfert when they hv to face some strangers, or if some comment is being passed to her. in ur blog its more or less like eve-teasing as in delhi no girls is being spared to b a victum of these discomfert which is always in our mind. an i stongly belive that every girl shoul take a stand for herself as if we cant respect and protect ourselves no body is going to do this for us
    an it just came in my mind when i read this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took it as an example Divya. Its a big issue and every female comes under the VULNERABLE category.
      I totally understand your feelings. I hope people will change with change in time..

      Delete
  3. i admired what you wrote..but originality is the key to creativity and thought provocation

    ReplyDelete