Translate

Friday 1 November 2013

Selflessness!! What's that?

Usually I write when I have gathered enough questions in my mind and I just want to release all of them. It is funny that when I pour my heart out, I somehow start with a quest to find answers to all these questions. And usually I come up with a solution as well.
But
This time it's different.
This time I just have my question ready. I am in the process of looking for an answer because what I see is not what I think and what I think is not what the world wants to see.


Sometimes, you get stuck in front of a wall. You know that there is a door out there but it camouflages in such a brilliant manner that you just keep finding the way out. Because of this interesting "human nature", you keep struggling.
You find     You search     You run     You knock     You cry     You give up!!!


And if you don't want to give up, you have a heavy price to pay for that. I don't know why, but I am ready to pay that price because I believe that that price would lead me somewhere.
And what the hell.
Let's go and see that what is ahead. Sometimes it's terrifying while at times it is exciting. At times your heart beat is just inaudible and at times your heart is beating out load.

                                                       ???                  ???                      ???

What is this word
"Selfish"
And what does it actually mean?

Oh!!
Don't get surprised. Just answer my question dear friend.

Ok


Now what is
"Selfless" 

I know what are you thinking.
"Are you kidding me bro"

Have some patience.

I hope you are ready with both the answers.

???                  ???                      ???

I noticed this a few days back that "being selfless" is just a word. It is of no use and a selfless person can only exist in imaginary world, if at all it exists.
It is just a word to satisfy and calm down your soul that you are good as you think of others. Hence, SELFLESS!!
Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

But if we think practically, is there anything like "selfless"?
In this competitive world, people just think about themselves- their happiness, their life, their near and dear ones, their sorrows etc. No one has any time to think about others. And don't just get me started on the working of NGOs. Everyone is after paper money or plastic money (least preferred as tax department is always active for their selfish interests). So, everyone is running after something for themselves only.

But I was told that there are such individuals who think about others as well. There are such people who care for others rather than their own happiness. I thought that even I was one of them. I had this mirage image in front of me that there are such people who think about others.
But a stimulus broke this mirage and I started thinking about the concept of selflessness.
I realized that when you do something good for others, something that virtually is unrelated to your wellbeing, it never is. Even if you do work in an NGO for good of others, what you get is self-peace and self-satisfaction.
These words have a prefix "SELF" which is enough of evidence to prove that to which degree it is a selfless act. Then people say that it is at least better than those who use others for some work.
But is it??
Because your so-called-selfless act is providing you inner peace while your so-called-selfish act just helps to get your benefit out of others. As mature being we all know that what provides long term benefits.
So,
HELPING OTHERS OR USING OTHERS???????

Mind-Think Some More

15 comments:

  1. nice blog!! quite interesting and very well put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nOTHING nEw!!! Lack of logics and arguments. Just a impulsive conclusion. Please don't mind... But with out criticize You'll never have any idea of your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With due respect to my Anonymous viewer
    I would first like to thank you for your contribution towards my blog's betterment. I will surely take care of the same and would improve in future. Just to understand your point of view
    1. I have not concluded anything as even I am confused with the way to take ahead
    2. Can you please explain that where I lacked logic
    Please elaborate on these points.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. well articulated blog Rupish...keep it up.
    The mind on its own can make a heaven of hell and hell of heaven.. and therefore the word `self' can create a heaven if one is selfless in ones own conduct else hell if its all about selfish gains..I disagree with Chanakya niti which also states that behind every friendship there is a selfish motive..there are so many people in this world who attain mental peace just by serving and helping others..i hope and pray your inner quest leads you to a selfless path..god bless u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mam, that is the whole concept. That id you are helping someone to gain mental peace then even you are being selfish. But its honor for me that you took out some time from your schedule to read my blog.
      Regards

      Delete
  5. Really liked ur blog and the way you have articulated ur thoughts.. it's a deep thought. I hope with time you will get answers to ur questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you di. Even hope the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rupish
    Nice thought !
    U have penned ur thoughts so beautifully .
    Infact i used to wonder the same question but while reading your blog, i think i found an answer to my question and probably urs 2. I think there is one person we all know ,who is SELFLESS out of PURE LOVE and not for self satisfaction, and that is called MOM.
    Adding just an opinion. Enjoyed reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *that person is called MOM

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Neha.
      You have drop down a very important piece of thought. I think I have to say that it is an exception indeed.

      Delete
  8. As per me. I would say, selfless people do exist.

    And I can proudly say , that I am one of them.

    I really help other, bring smile on sad faces just with the Intention of making "**THEM**" happy. And Talking about Self-Satisfaction , I have many other ways to accomplish that, Like going on adventurous tours, religious places, Playing with my nephew.

    I am clear with it. Hope , you also. :) ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy if you think so dear friend. But what I am talking about needs extra humanely effort to accomplish. I am talking about doing something for others without thinking that it would give you some level of satisfaction.
      I would definitely look forward to meet you some day or someone like you who can control and curb this feeling.
      I hope you enjoyed reading my blog.
      Cheers!!

      Delete
    2. There's is a sense of satisfaction.. but its like.. "That person's problem is sloved to some extent." ..

      N Yes, Surely we can meet sometime.

      Cheers !!

      Delete
    3. But this feeling, isn't it making you selfish on some grounds?
      You are helping others and feeling good. Hence, you are also gaining something.
      Time to think harder friend.

      Delete