Translate

Friday 7 March 2014

My Valentine


One night, As I looked out of my window,
I could see the stars twinkle, and the bright full moon glow.


The breeze was cool and erratic,
Perfect for any lover to get romantic.


One night, As I walked in the winters cold,
I wondered, what was largest in this vast world.
Is it the Mount Everest?Or is it the love for your dearest?


One night, As I started to dream,
Your beautiful face began to gleam.
My heart, you began to tow,
Is this what they call love?



From then, I had no sleep,
And in your thoughts, I was engrossed deep.


My joy knew no bounds,For the first time I heard the love sounds.
It is not the Tibetan plateau,
Not the Egyptian desert too.
There is something larger than the oceans blue,
And that is my love for you.
Today, at dawn, As I looked out of my window,
I could see a dim auroral glow.
I was firstly delighted, then confused,
As my heart had into yours diffused.
No words could express my feeling,
No gifts to show how much I was craving.
Your happiness is mine,
Your eyes divine.
I am your valentine,
Truer than the bright sunshine.


( This is written by my dear friend- JV. He is a part time poet and a very talented tabla player. He wrote this poem for his girlfriend. So, due credits to him for this wonderful piece. Kudos my friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment